REPLAY: Yotam Ariel – Satellites, Creating Renaissance of Space Tech Startups and Combatting Climate Change
Yotam Ariel (@yotamariel) is the Founder and CEO of Bluefield, a satellite change detection startup that was recent winner of Top 20 NewSpace Awards alongside SpaceX, Virgin Orbit and other innovative space startups. Bluefield use proprietary methane tracking micro-satellites & AI to provide actionable insights and valuable data for farmers maximizing crop yields, governments watching military behavior and much much more. Bluefield lies up nicely with Yotam’s previous startup Bennu Solar which mass produces affordable solar products for third world countries. Yotam likes the Morning Climate newsletter, for anyone interested.
[spreaker type=player resource=”episode_id=40154448″ width=”100%” height=”200px” theme=”light” playlist=”false” playlist-continuous=”false” autoplay=”false” live-autoplay=”false” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”true” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]
In our wide-ranging conversation, we cover many things, including:
- How Yotam thinks see satellite space technology changing everyday life
- The space tech convergence of small scale satellites
- Why methane is the new carbon dioxide
- The reason Yotam doesn’t look up to Elon Musk and Richard Branson
- Why we are still a ways off from living in space
- The 80/20 way to think about climate change
- How complexity becomes commodity and creates innovation
- Why Yotam spent 12 years in China and what he learned
- The reason today’s entrepreneurs focus on profitable purpose
- How to start a space tech startup today – and how much it costs
Make a Donation to Support The Disruptors
Superhuman Brain Nootropics Daniel Schmachtenberger (prev on podcast) and the folks at Neurohacker are some of THE smartest biohackers on the planet, and their Qualia’s line of brain-enhancing nootropics make it obvious why. Get $15% off ANY order, or 50% OFF 1st order and 15% OFF ALL orders if you order a subscription with Coupon Code: DISRUPTORS. At Disruptors, we’re big on health and biohacking for a reason!