130. Life Is Pain and BS, Then You Die, Unless you Find a Way to Make it Mean Something | Keith Kirkland
Keith Kirkland (@wearworksinc) is a TED resident/speaker, an accessories and industrial designer, accomplished speaker and the co-founder and Head of Haptics of WearWork, a company creating nextgen wearables to help visually impaired folks living in busy urban environments. He has also worked with organizations ranging from the MET Museum, Unilever, Mini Cooper, Discovery Channel, Dropbox, The Yokohama Government, Coach and the National Science Foundation.
[spreaker type=player resource=”episode_id=18668645″ width=”100%” height=”200px” theme=”light” playlist=”false” playlist-continuous=”false” autoplay=”false” live-autoplay=”false” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]
Subscribe on Apple Podcast | Google Podcast | Android | Overcast | Spotify | Youtube
You can listen right here on iTunes
In today’s episode we discuss:
- How to give sight to the blind
- The state of the haptics industry today
- What you should know about creating
- How to escape bad environments and still make the best of things
- The future of cyborgs and superhuman senses
- How Keith tried to create a suit that taught you kungfu
- Why we’re headed towards a future of sex robots
- The risks of AI if we’re not careful with biases
- Keith’s thoughts on data privacy as it relates to wearables
- When to call it quits and when to push through
- How to find your calling
- The value of asking for help
- Why we should treat robots better now
Make a Donation to Support The Disruptors
The Disruptors is supported by the generosity of its readers and listeners. If you find our work valuable, please consider supporting us on Patreon, via Paypal or with DonorBox powered by Stripe.
Superhuman Brain Nootropics
Daniel Schmachtenberger (prev on podcast) and the folks at Neurohacker are some of THE smartest biohackers on the planet, and their Qualia’s line of brain-enhancing nootropics make it obvious why. Get $15% off ANY order, or 50% OFF 1st order and 15% OFF ALL orders if you order a subscription with Coupon Code: DISRUPTORS. At Disruptors, we’re big on health and biohacking for a reason!