88. AI, Apple, Autonomous Vehicles and Reducing 51% of CO2 Emissions | Kevin Surace
Kevin Surace (@kevinsurace) is a futurist and disruptive innovation speaker, creator of the first smartphone and digital assistant and innovator of the decade. Surace has disrupted every industry he has entered from communications to A.I. to clean energy, been named Inc. Magazine’s 2009 Entrepreneur of the Year, CNBC’s Innovator of the Decade, and inducted into RIT’s Innovation Hall of Fame.
He helped develop soundproof drywall with lower carbon footprints and more energy-efficient windows to completely retrofit the Empire State Building and NYSE in record time and under budget, was the co-inventor of multivariate reverse auctions and has now turned his attention back to AI As CEO of Appvance.ai, Surace’s company is now disrupting the software testing industry by eliminating the need for human testers.
He has a life outside technology as well and in his latest project “Big, Bold, and, Brassy,” Surace serves as conductor for a 28-piece orchestra featuring international jazz star Nicole Henry where they play selections of broadway and pop tunes for corporate events.
Surace’s work has been featured in Businessweek, Time, Fortune, Forbes, CNN, ABC, MSNBC, and FOX News. He has keynoted hundreds of events, from INC5000 to 15 TED Talks to the US Congress and even been awarded 28 patents.
[spreaker type=player resource=”episode_id=18590590″ width=”100%” height=”200px” theme=”light” playlist=”false” playlist-continuous=”false” autoplay=”false” live-autoplay=”false” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]
In our wide-ranging conversation, we cover many things, including:
- How artificial intelligence will actually impact work
- The earliest forms of digital assistants and why they weren’t entirely successful
- Why Kevin is passionate about reducing construction emissions, and why it is literally 1/2 the problem
- Where we are headed with respect to climate change
- The reason we’re both worried about social media and political polarization
- What is the future of work and will we have jobs
- How to think about tariffs and trade
- Who owns the autonomous vehicles of the future
- Which companies win the autonomous vehicle race
- Why AI will actually make our lives awesome
- Why you may soon have a robotic chef in your kitchen
Make a Donation to Support The Disruptors
Uplevel Your Meditation and Mind
Do you meditate? Muse is a neurofeedback (ie EEG based brain-sensing) device that helps meditators/anyone learn to control their mind and quiet the thoughts. The science is great, neurofeedback helps meditators achieve zen-level results in less time. I’m a big fan of meditation (as you know) and Muse is hooking listeners up with 15% OFF when they use our link