79. The Science of Brain Aging, Basis of Consciousness and Future of Neuroscience | Dr. Brynn Winegard
Dr. Brynn Winegard (@drbrynnwinegard) is a neuroscience, psychology and marketing expert, award-winning professor, speaker, and expert. She speaks frequently on the topics of persuasion, productivity, the neuroscience of leadership, motivation and preventing age-related cognitive decline. Coupled with over a decade in corporate marketing working for Pfizer Inc., Nestle Inc., and Johnson & Johnson Inc., she brings an interesting real-world perspective to high-performance brain science. Brynn is on the faculty at Schulich School of Business, DeGroote School of Business, and University of Guelph but is now more focused on helping others through speaking about ‘Building Better Business Brains’ to clients ranging from the Alberta Canadian government, the largest Canadian telecoms, Coca-Cola, Crayola, Deloitte and dozens more. [spreaker type=player resource=”episode_id=18590595″ width=”100%” height=”200px” theme=”light” playlist=”false” playlist-continuous=”false” autoplay=”false” live-autoplay=”false” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”] Subscribe on Apple Podcast | Google Podcast | Android | Overcast | Spotify | Youtube You can listen right here on iTunes In our wide-ranging conversation, we cover many things, including:
- The science of brain aging and expertise
- Why your brain loses neurons but gain skills
- The advances in sensor technology driving neuroscience
- What Brynn has learned about differences and brain shape and function
- The actual percentage your conscious brain use
- What myths most folks have about the brain
- How nutrition and epigenetics affect brain performance and health
- The science behind the five closest friends phenomenon
- The reason meditation and mindfulness are so valuable
- Why it is so hard to change a habit or break an addiction
- The 6 types of brain aging and what to know
- Why you are what you think
Do You Meditate?Muse is a neurofeedback (ie EEG based brain-sensing) device that helps meditators/anyone learn to control their mind and quiet the thoughts. The science is great, neurofeedback helps meditators achieve zen-level results in less time. I’m a big fan of meditation (as you know) and Muse is hooking listeners up with 15% OFF when they use our link. Enjoy and happy chilling!
Make a Donation to Support The Disruptors
The Disruptors is supported by the generosity of its readers and listeners. If you find our work valuable, please consider supporting us on Patreon, via Paypal or with DonorBox powered by Stripe.
Daniel Schmachtenberger (prev on podcast) and the folks at Neurohacker are some of THE smartest biohackers on the planet, and their Qualia’s line of brain-enhancing nootropics make it obvious why. Get $15% off ANY order, or 50% OFF 1st order and 15% OFF ALL orders if you order a subscription with Coupon Code: DISRUPTORS. At Disruptors, we’re big on health and biohacking for a reason!