77. End Degenerative Disease, Increase IQ and Live Longer while Saving the World | Dr. David Perlmutter
Dr. David Perlmutter (@davidperlmutter) is a Board-Certified Neurologist, four-time New York Times bestselling author and serves on the Board of Directors at the American College of Nutrition.
David serves as a member of the Editorial Board for the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease and has published in numerous peer-reviewed scientific journals including Archives of Neurology, Neurosurgery and The Journal of Applied Nutrition. He is also a frequent symposium lecturer at institutions like the World Bank and IMF, Columbia University, Scripps Institute, New York University, and Harvard University and serves as an Associate Professor at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.
David books have been published in 34 languages and include the #1 New York Times bestseller Grain Brain, The Surprising Truth About Wheat, Carbs and Sugar which sold over 1 million copies. Other New York Times bestsellers include Brain Maker, The Grain Brain Cookbook and The Grain Brain Whole Life Plan.
He is also the editor of the upcoming collection The Microbiome and the Brain that will be authored by top experts in the field and will be published in late 2019 by CRC Press and has been frequently interviewed on programs such as 20/20, Larry King Live, CNN, Fox News, The Today Show, Oprah, Dr. Oz and The CBS Early Show. Dr. Perlmutter is also the recipient of numerous awards, including: the Linus Pauling Award for his innovative approaches to neurological disorders; the National Nutritional Foods Association Clinician of the Year Award and the Humanitarian of the Year Award from the American College of Nutrition.
[spreaker type=player resource=”episode_id=18590599″ width=”100%” height=”200px” theme=”light” playlist=”false” playlist-continuous=”false” autoplay=”false” live-autoplay=”false” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]
Subscribe on Apple Podcast | Google Podcast | Android | Overcast | Spotify | Youtube
You can listen right here on iTunes In our wide-ranging conversation, we cover many things, including:
- How what you eat affects how you feel and perform
- Why air pollution lowers your IQ
- What is wrong with our global food supply and why it may be a ticking time bomb
- How climate change is affecting our culture and where it will get worse
- Strategies to save yourself and future from degenerative diseases
- Why David is worried about GMOs and the future of farming
- The brain-bacteria connection and how your gut gets the last word
- What David says about clean meat and lab-grown food
- Why we need to own up to our pollution problem before destroying the planet
- How genetic diversity drives resiliency and abundance
- Why antibiotics may actually be killing you in the long term
- The reason Alzheimer’s drugs actually speed mental decline
Do You Meditate?
Muse is a neurofeedback (ie EEG based brain-sensing) device that helps meditators/anyone learn to control their mind and quiet the thoughts. The science is great, neurofeedback helps meditators achieve zen-level results in less time. I’m a big fan of meditation (as you know) and Muse is hooking listeners up with 15% OFF when they use our link. Enjoy and happy chilling!
Make a Donation to Support The Disruptors
The Disruptors is supported by the generosity of its readers and listeners. If you find our work valuable, please consider supporting us on Patreon, via Paypal or with DonorBox powered by Stripe.
Big On Health and Human Optimization?
Designed for and by athletes and top performers like Joe Rogan, ONNIT makes top-notch supplements and workout gear. Big fan of MCT oil when I’m doing keto, their F*CK YEAH! Coffee with 2x the caffeine, grass-fed whey protein and Total Human, the all-in-one to live and perform at your best. Save 10% on ANY ORDER (except fitness equipment) with Coupon Code: disruptors