65. Artificial Intelligence for Good | XPrize Adivsor Oliver Christie
Oliver Christie (@oliverchristie) is the founder and CEO of Artificial Intelligence consulting firm Foxy Machine. He works across multiple industries to help integrate Artificial Intelligence into companies and organizations, leveraging data for smarter outcomes. Foxy Machine also has a research arm that looks into the future of Artificial Intelligence and how it can have a positive global impact. Oliver works closely with the X Prize as their AI Advocate, Heads Data Science for OpusAI and advises half dozen other AI startups. In 2009 Oliver and his firm Foxy Machine were a GoogleX Moonshot award winner with The Optimized Self, the ultimate health database for optimized health and he’s won an IBM Watson Prize for his work on the Watson Bridge Team.
[spreaker type=player resource=”episode_id=18590615″ width=”100%” height=”200px” theme=”light” playlist=”false” playlist-continuous=”false” autoplay=”false” live-autoplay=”false” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”] Subscribe on Apple Podcast | Google Podcast | Android | Overcast | Spotify | Youtube You can listen right here on iTunes In our wide-ranging conversation, we cover many things, including:
- How artificial intelligence for good can change the world
- The problem with advertising, incentives and the internet
- Why Oliver is excited about AGI and quantum computing
- The X Prize and how it inspires innovation
- What AI means be enterprises and startups alike
- Oliver’s project that won GoogleX’s Moonshot and the future of healthcare
- How to create a jetlag-free airport
- The reason Oliver isn’t worried about AI monopolies
- Why the AI leader of tomorrow hasn’t been created yet
- What issues most scare Oliver
- Why personalized advertising may have changed politics forever
- The reason long-form discussions are needed on the future of technology
- How travelling and new perspectives put Oliver in a position to succeed
Make a Donation to Support The Disruptors
The Disruptors is supported by the generosity of its readers and listeners. If you find our work valuable, please consider supporting us on Patreon, via Paypal or with DonorBox powered by Stripe.
Big On Health and Human Optimization?
Designed for and by athletes and top performers like Joe Rogan, ONNIT makes top-notch supplements and workout gear. Big fan of MCT oil when I’m doing keto, their F*CK YEAH! Coffee with 2x the caffeine, grass-fed whey protein and Total Human, the all-in-one to live and perform at your best. Save 10% on ANY ORDER (except fitness equipment) with Coupon Code: disruptors