52. Music as Medicine and Performance Enhancement | Alex Doman
Alex Doman (@alexdoman) is an author, entrepreneur, public speaker and product creator, who has 25 years of experience in leadership in the brain health, neurotechnology and therapeutic music markets. He was named one of the top 50 human behavior experts to watch and has trained thousands of medical, therapeutic, and education professionals on brain-related topics.
The third generation in a family of pioneers dedicated to improving brain performance for over seventy-five years, Alex is founder & CEO of Advanced Brain Technologies, founder & Chief Product Officer of Vital Neuro, founder & Chief Scientist of Sleep Genius, founder of The Movement Program, Ltd., and bestselling co-author of Healing at the Speed of Sound: How What We Hear Transforms Our Brains and Our Lives.
Alex has been interviewed for NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, Today, NPR Marketplace, Wall Street Journal, Self, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Fast Company, CBS Moneywatch, ESPN Radio, Hearing Health Magazine, popular podcasts and other media.
His writing has been published in several magazines, journals and books. He is also a blogger and host of the Advanced Brain Podcast with guests including NY Times bestselling authors, health personalities, and other thought leaders.
An advisor to several companies and organizations and Board Member for Autism Hope Alliance, he is a keynote speaker and frequent presenter at online summits and on international stages.
[spreaker type=player resource=”episode_id=18590625″ width=”100%” height=”200px” theme=”light” playlist=”false” playlist-continuous=”false” autoplay=”false” live-autoplay=”false” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]
In our wide-ranging conversation, we cover many things, including:
- How music makes your brainer smarter, or stupider
- The reason music is such a part of what it means to be human
- Why it is easier to be in flow when listening to certain types of music
- How neuroscientists and marketers can use music to manipulate you
- What the future of neurotech and brain-machine interfaces looks like
- Why IQ is a bad measure of someone’s potential
- The way to supercharge meditation and relieve stress
- How to optimize sleep and overall performance
- Understanding the quantified self-movement and where it is headed
- Why Alex is excited about blockchain and cryptocurrency
Do You Meditate?
Muse is a neurofeedback (ie EEG based brain-sensing) device that helps meditators/anyone learn to control their mind and quiet the thoughts. The science is great, neurofeedback helps meditators achieve zen-level results in less time. I’m a big fan of meditation (as you know) and Muse is hooking listeners up with 15% OFF when they use our link. Enjoy and happy chilling!
Make a Donation to Support The Disruptors