181. The Divergence of AR and VR and Connectivity, Collaboration and Entertainment in a Post COVID World | Tony Parisi
Tony Parisi (@auradeluxe) is a virtual reality pioneer, serial entrepreneur, and angel investor. He co-created several, 3D graphics standards, is Head of AR/VR Ad Innovation at Unity Technologies, and author several O’Reilly Media books on virtual reality and WebGL.
Today, Tony is has a leading spokesman for the immersive industry and was recently named one of Next Reality’s 30 People to Watch in Augmented Reality in 2019.
[spreaker type=player resource=”episode_id=25799246″ width=”100%” height=”200px” theme=”light” playlist=”false” playlist-continuous=”false” autoplay=”false” live-autoplay=”false” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”true” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]
In today’s episode we discuss:
- Where are we on the AR and VR adoption cycle
- What the future of AR/VR holds and why they will diverge
- How COVID-19 is pushing us towards an immersive future
- The big differences between consumer and enterprise VR adoption
- Why Facebook and Oculus are well-placed to dominate virtual reality
- Which sci-fi inspirations are most realistic for augmented and virtual reality
- What’s the future look like for the entertainment industry
- Why Tony isn’t all that worried about any future tech
- How tech life cycles are accelerating and what it all means
- Why we have reached a tipping point in consumer VR adoption
Make a Donation to Support The Disruptors