168. David Heinemeier Hansson Uncensored on Healthcare, Privacy, Education and Inequality
David Heinemeier Hansson (@dhh) is the creator of Ruby on Rails, co-founder and CTO at Basecamp (formerly 37Signals), and the best-selling co-author of Rework and Remote: Office Not Required.
He’s blogged the past two decades at Signal v Noise, been featured on the Tim Ferriss Show, and if that wasn’t enough, DHH is a Le Mans & WEC class-winning racing driver.
[spreaker type=player resource=”episode_id=21875505″ width=”100%” height=”200px” theme=”light” playlist=”false” playlist-continuous=”false” autoplay=”false” live-autoplay=”false” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”true” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]
Subscribe on Apple Podcast | Google Podcast | Android | Overcast | Spotify | Youtube
You can listen right here on iTunes
In today’s episode we discuss:
- Why capitalism can’t solve society’s biggest problems
- What gives David hope (and fear) about the future of privacy and big tech
- The epic issues with education in America
- How being a well-rounded person makes entrepreneurs and employees better
- Why the US healthcare system is so eff’ed up
- What’s the future of media and advertising
- Ways to redesign education for the 21st century
- Where the US went wrong from a socialist perspective
- David’s thoughts on Trump and transforming government
- Lessons learned from other cultures
- Why the US may have peaked and be headed for collapse
- What parents do wrong when raising and educating kids
- Why the prison system horrifies David
- The reason David became a Le Mans racecar driver
Make a Donation to Support The Disruptors
The Disruptors is supported by the generosity of its readers and listeners. If you find our work valuable, please consider supporting us on Patreon, via Paypal or with DonorBox powered by Stripe.