16. Launching a Space Hotel 200 Miles Above Earth at $792,000 Per Night | Frank Bunger of Orion Span
Frank Bunger (@frankbunger) is a veteran technology executive, serial entrepreneur and Founder/CEO at Orion Span – the company that’s building a space hotel (second space station) and looking bring down the cost of visiting and living in space by orders of magnitude. The hotel, named Aurora Station will host 6 individuals at a time for nearly $1M/day, letting everyday folks experience life 200 miles above Earth.
Outside of Orion Span, Frank has extensive experience building early-stage companies, having gone from zero to eight-digit revenue in a previous venture. Frank has a multi-disciplinary background across several industries, including software, hardware, and manufacturing. Most recently, he was Vice President at UpGuard, a firm focused on software automation, where his division performed in the top 3% of SaaS groups – worldwide – by sales and retention.
[spreaker type=player resource=”episode_id=18590678″ width=”100%” height=”200px” theme=”light” playlist=”false” playlist-continuous=”false” autoplay=”false” live-autoplay=”false” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]
Subscribe on Apple Podcast | Google Podcast | Android | Overcast | Spotify | Youtube
You can listen right here on iTunes
In our wide-ranging conversation, we cover many things, including:
- The future of interstellar space travel
- Why now is the time for space tech startups
- How Frank’s company plans to put a profitable hotel in orbit
- The big problem with putting people into space
- Why we’re still a few years off from a moon or Mars colony
- The importance of sci-fi in technology and invention
- How the shift from public to private space companies is transforming industry
- The effects of ownership and asteroid mining in space
- Frank’s thoughts on the evolution and transformation of humans in space
- The reason Frank views space exploration as merely amplified globalization
- The awesome effects of space technology on the rest of the economy
- What life is like is 200 miles above earth
Make a Donation to Support The Disruptors
The Disruptors is supported by the generosity of its readers and listeners. If you find our work valuable, please consider supporting us on Patreon, via Paypal or with DonorBox powered by Stripe.