159. AI, VR and a World Without Privacy as We Explore the Cosmos and What it Means to be Human | August Bradley of Mind & Machine
August Bradley (@augustbradley) is a futurist business consultant, founder/host of the Mind & Machine podcast and former COO of the pioneering virtual reality company Kite & Lightning. August’s worked with brands including Coke, Xbox, Kia, Gap, J.Crew, Banana Republic, Fisker Automotive, and many more.
He is also a Board Member & Director of the AI & Machine Learning Society, Chairman of the Technarte International Conference, technology series moderator for The Los Angeles World Affairs Council (LAWAC) and head of the Los Angeles Self Driving Car Meetup.
[spreaker type=player resource=”episode_id=20085392″ width=”100%” height=”200px” theme=”light” playlist=”false” playlist-continuous=”false” autoplay=”false” live-autoplay=”false” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”true” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]
In today’s episode we discuss:
- Why August and I won’t let voice assistants in our homes
- What happens next with VR and where it is headed
- Which technologies worry August most and why
- What does privacy look like in a more connected world
- How Amazon helps transform healthcare
- The reason AI and automation will be net-negative on jobs
- What we have to look forward to when it comes to future technologies
- The reason space exploration is so important and exciting
- What do we do about big tech and regulation
- Why August isn’t worried about AI consciousness or superintelligence
- The reason food science and clean meat is such a promising field to pursue
- Why immigration is a stupid topic to focus on when it comes to jobs
- Science fiction as a safety net
Listen to our partner episode on Mind & Machine now or check out the Youtube video below.
Make a Donation to Support The Disruptors