151. Tackling Climate Change With Economic Incentives and Circular Economics | Andrew Winston
Andrew Winston (@andrewwinston) is the founder of Winston Eco-Strategies, author of The Big Pivot and Green Recovery, and coauthored Green to Gold, the best-selling guide to what works — and what doesn’t — when companies go green.
He’s a globally recognized expert on green business and has appeared in WSJ, Time, BusinessWeek, NYTimes, and CNBC. His clients have included Bank of America, Bayer, HP, Pepsi, Boeing, and IKEA.
He’s a respected speaker, served as the Director of Corporate Environmental Strategy Project at Yale’s renowned School of Forestry and Environmental Studies and has a weekly column for Harvard Business Online. He was recently named a “Planet Defender” by Rock the Earth.
[spreaker type=player resource=”episode_id=19456572″ width=”100%” height=”200px” theme=”light” playlist=”false” playlist-continuous=”false” autoplay=”false” live-autoplay=”false” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”true” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]
Subscribe on Apple Podcast | Google Podcast | Android | Overcast | Spotify | Youtube
You can listen right here on iTunes
In today’s episode we discuss:
- How to redesign the economy and stock market to incentivize a better future
- What are the biggest megatrends affecting our future
- Why eating less/clean meat is the biggest thing you can do to fight climate change
- Fixing the shareholder value incentive ruining our world
- Why short-termism is the route of the most evil
- What you should know about the Green New Deal
- Why the US doesn’t do enough for infrastructure
- The reason the US doesn’t solve the election turnout issues
- How close are we to point of no return on environment
- Andrew’s thoughts on the future of renewable energy and why it’s inevitable
- Why Andrew’s optimistic about fighting climate change
- What’s the role of government going forward
- Why we need circular economics and to tackle climate change now
- The danger of the devices and social media
Make a Donation to Support The Disruptors
The Disruptors is supported by the generosity of its readers and listeners. If you find our work valuable, please consider supporting us on Patreon, via Paypal or with DonorBox powered by Stripe.
Mushroom Coffee Tim Ferriss Trusts
I love coffee, but get jittery. That’s why I’m excited to tell you about Four Sigmatic’s Lions Mane blend, with only 40mg caffeine, less than 1/4 a small Starbucks but with even more impact. Their switched on blends of natural, drug-free mushroom supermixes are a must for an overachiever, like you. Use Coupon Code: DISRUPTORS to save an EXTRA 10% OFF, plus FREE shipping in the US on their world-class coffees and enhancers.