146. How Universal Basic Income Makes Us Richer, How to Pay for It and Why Our Economy is in Trouble | Jim Pugh
Jim’s also the founder and CEO of ShareProgress, a social-good startup that helps progressive organizations use the power of data and technology to grow their base and win their campaigns.
He previously served as the Director of Analytics and Development for President Obama’s Organizing for America (OFA) and the Democratic National Committee and was the founding Chief Technology Officer at Rebuild the Dream.
[spreaker type=player resource=”episode_id=19195018″ width=”100%” height=”200px” theme=”light” playlist=”false” playlist-continuous=”false” autoplay=”false” live-autoplay=”false” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”true” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]
In today’s episode we discuss:
- Why we NEED universal basic income before the robots come
- The true impact of giving people free money
- How to pay for UBI
- The problems and possibilities of universal basic income
- How we should rethink immigration, especially if we enact UBI
- Why America’s two-party system is fundamentally flawed
- The surprising truth about working in politics
- Why Jim thinks we need to fix antitrust
- How grassroots movements and decentralization go forward from here
- Why universal healthcare is so connected to universal income
- The reason governments need to run more pilot programs
- Why Trump broke (and fixed) politics in the US
- What’s the future of capitalism in America
Make a Donation to Support The Disruptors
Big On Health and Human Optimization?
Designed for and by athletes and top performers like Joe Rogan, ONNIT makes top-notch supplements and workout gear. Big fan of MCT oil when I’m doing keto, their F*CK YEAH! Coffee with 2x the caffeine, grass-fed whey protein and Total Human, the all-in-one to live and perform at your best. Save 10% on ANY ORDER (except fitness equipment) with Coupon Code: disruptors