143. John Stossel on America’s Debt and Healthcare Bubbles and Libertarian Ideals for a Better World | StosselTV
John Stossel (@johnstossel) is an American consumer television personality, author, and libertarian pundit, known for his career on both ABC News on 20/20 and a weekly news show on Fox for almost a decade. He now runs StosselTV, a Youtube channel to reach younger audiences on his views about liberty and freedom.
John’s been a reporter for 50 years, received 19 Emmy Awards and five awards from the National Press Club and written three bestselling books: Give Me a Break, Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity, and No They Can’t! Why Government Fails but Individuals Succeed.
John also started and runs the non-profit Center For Independent Thought to educate young people about free-market ideas, which reaches ~10M students per year.
[spreaker type=player resource=”episode_id=19087694″ width=”100%” height=”200px” theme=”light” playlist=”false” playlist-continuous=”false” autoplay=”false” live-autoplay=”false” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”true” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]
In today’s episode we discuss:
- How John went from government supporter to staunch libertarian
- The sad truth about America’s healthcare system and why it’s so expensive
- Why John says free enterprise is always the answer
- The problems and possibilities of universal basic income
- How we should rethink immigration
- Why the American government could implode due to rising debt
- The reason John’s big on blockchain and bought into Bitcoin earlyish
- What we can (and can’t) do about America’s gun problem, and why John thinks it isn’t a huge problem
- How John’s view on climate change have changed since first being skeptical
- Why John says we need less government regulation
- Pros and cons of European and American systems
- Why John doesn’t think we should fund efforts to fight climate change
- What’s the future of news and media
- The danger of the algorithm
Make a Donation to Support The Disruptors
Uplevel Your Meditation and Mind
Do you meditate? Muse is a neurofeedback (ie EEG based brain-sensing) device that helps meditators/anyone learn to control their mind and quiet the thoughts. The science is great, neurofeedback helps meditators achieve zen-level results in less time. I’m a big fan of meditation (as you know) and Muse is hooking listeners up with 15% OFF when they use our link