138. How Functional Medicine and Community Health Insurance Cure Chronic Disease, Increase Longevity and Save Money | James Maskell
James Maskell (@mrjamesmaskell) is the founder of Functional Forum, the world’s largest integrative medicine conference and KNEW Health, a transformation alternative health-sharing insurance model. He’s health advocate and entrepreneur, that’s spent a decade encouraging a shift from conventional western medicine toward a wellness-centered, functional medicine model—starting with the doctors themselves. He’s also the founder of the Evolution≠ of Medicine, a community e-commerce platform for highly customized , tools, products, and services, to embark on a new way of managing healthcare. His book of the same name is available now. James lectures internationally and has been featured on TEDMED, Huffpost Live, TEDx, the HuffingtonPost and more.
[spreaker type=player resource=”episode_id=18915936″ width=”100%” height=”200px” theme=”light” playlist=”false” playlist-continuous=”false” autoplay=”false” live-autoplay=”false” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]
Subscribe on Apple Podcast | Google Podcast | Android | Overcast | Spotify | Youtube
You can listen right here on iTunes
In today’s episode we discuss:
- What Western healthcare got wrong with medicine and health
- Ways to fix the healthcare incentive problem, which actually work
- How growing up on a commune influenced James’ life
- The problem with pharma’s quick-fix silver bullet
- Why James decided to reinvent the healthcare system
- How community and belonging can beat out any medicine
- What James thinks about wearables and genetic testing
- The one constant among Blue Zone societies
- Why functional medicine is the solution to health
- How to design health into our societies
- Why we need direct democracy
- The surefire way to avoid regret
- Why AI and brain-machine interfaces worry James
- The scary truth about soil quality
- What you NEED to know about Obamacare and insurance
- Why regenerative agriculture needs more focus now
Sponsored by RocketDollar
Special thanks to RocketDollar, the low-fee startup helping individuals invest securely and easily in Real Estate, Precious Metals, and more. Build Your Perfect Retirement Portfolio with a Self-Directed Solo 401(k) or Self-Directed IRA and put your money to work. Use PROMO CODE: DISRUPTORS to support and set yourself up for financial freedom!
Do You Meditate?
Muse is a neurofeedback (ie EEG based brain-sensing) device that helps meditators/anyone learn to control their mind and quiet the thoughts. The science is great, neurofeedback helps meditators achieve zen-level results in less time. I’m a big fan of meditation (as you know) and Muse is hooking listeners up with 15% OFF when they use our link. Enjoy and happy chilling!
Make a Donation to Support The Disruptors
The Disruptors is supported by the generosity of its readers and listeners. If you find our work valuable, please consider supporting us on Patreon, via Paypal or with DonorBox powered by Stripe.
Superhuman Brain Nootropics
Daniel Schmachtenberger (prev on podcast) and the folks at Neurohacker are some of THE smartest biohackers on the planet, and their Qualia’s line of brain-enhancing nootropics make it obvious why. Get $15% off ANY order, or 50% OFF 1st order and 15% OFF ALL orders if you order a subscription with Coupon Code: DISRUPTORS. At Disruptors, we’re big on health and biohacking for a reason!