108. A Deeper Diver into UBI, Automation and the Economy of Tomorrow | Martin Ford
Martin Ford (@MFordFuture) is a futurist and the author of the bestselling, award-winning Rise of the Robots: Technology and the Threat of a Jobless Future, Architects of Intelligence: The Truth About AI from the People Building It and The Lights in the Tunnel, as well as the founder of a Silicon Valley-based software development firm.
Martin’s written about the implications for future tech for publications including The New York Times, Fortune, Forbes, Harvard Business Review and dozens more and has appeared on shows like NPR, CNBC, CNN, Fox Business and PBS. He’s a frequent keynote speaker on the subject of accelerating progress in robotics and artificial intelligence—and what these advances mean for the economy, job market and society of the future.
[spreaker type=player resource=”episode_id=18590563″ width=”100%” height=”200px” theme=”light” playlist=”false” playlist-continuous=”false” autoplay=”false” live-autoplay=”false” chapters-image=”true” episode-image-position=”right” hide-logo=”false” hide-likes=”false” hide-comments=”false” hide-sharing=”false” hide-download=”true”]
In today’s episode we discuss:
- How will automation affect capitalism, the economy, and society as a whole
- Is UBI the answer or a NEEDED solution to an increasingly automated world
- Why AI has the possibility to solve so many of the world’s largest problems
- Will AI create or destroy more jobs in the long run
- Why a universal basic income necessitates a more isolationist world
- Could climate change and automation be the recipe for disaster
- How do people find meaning in a jobless world
- Is China’s social credit system an inevitable future for us all
- How should we think about lethal autonomous weapons which save lives
- Is AI bias actually a big deal
- Which technologies is Martin most worried about
Make a Donation to Support The Disruptors
Superhuman Brain Nootropics
Daniel Schmachtenberger (prev on podcast) and the folks at Neurohacker are some of THE smartest biohackers on the planet, and their Qualia’s line of brain-enhancing nootropics make it obvious why. Get $15% off ANY order, or 50% OFF 1st order and 15% OFF ALL orders if you order a subscription with Coupon Code: DISRUPTORS. At Disruptors, we’re big on health and biohacking for a reason!